[CT Birds] a good day for yard birds

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe corrine.folsom at yale.edu
Tue Apr 13 15:58:25 EDT 2010

On the rare occasion I'm actually home and just hanging out in my backyard, I'm
generally thrilled with the amount of bird activity I see and hear.  Today I
watch a titmouse nest building, then while reading "bringing nature home" which
was suggested by someone on this list, I saw a red-breasted nuthatch at my suet
feeder.  Then the sweet song of a ruby-crowned kinglet pulled my away from my
book.  Found him in the back corner of yard!

Also saw a Harry woodpecker (a little hard to come by in suburbia) and had fish
crows fly over.

I'm headed back outside. I wonder what else might stop by.

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe