[CT Birds] white throated sparrow

Tammy Eustis teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Wed Apr 14 07:22:57 EDT 2010

Our white-throated sparrows continue to sing as well. We have quite a flock here in the yard, and they show no signs of packing up to leave. (Maybe they realize what a sweet deal they have, with all of the brush piles and birdfeeders.)
Everyone else seems to be on schedule, though: bluebirds, chickadees, and nuthatches have all settled into nestboxes. That's a first for us, re. the nuthatch family. They claimed the winter roosting box at the south side of the house.
- Tammy Eustis, Chester