[CT Birds] Weather/migration and Stratford birds

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 20:34:45 EDT 2010

 From Scott Kruitbosch & Twan Leenders:
04/15/10 - Stratford Point -- 1 BROWN THRASHER.
04/14/10 - Stratford, Great Meadows IBA -- 1 FOY Barn Swallow, 3 Clapper
Rail.

Good to see the first Barn of the season! In the end of March one of the
first posts to the Connecticut Audubon Society blog (this:
http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2010/03/wettest-march-ever.html) predicted the
early growth we've seen this spring. If you'd like to hear what this
historical April has in store for us in terms of weather and migrants check
out the latest entry at http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/. Additionally, you
may be interested to see what amazing work CAS has been doing for the U.S.
Army Corps of Engineers in the entry just below.

I know many people are interested in weather in terms of birding and
migration, especially using the radar to view nocturnal migration. I've
discussed it often on this list in the past couple of years, and had some
very nice conversations off the list as well. As we get into the swing of
things later this month I will definitely be discussing it there, posting
plenty of images, and links to the best sites. We're getting close!

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT