[CT Birds] Carolina wren nest

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Fri Apr 16 18:15:00 EDT 2010

We had Carolina wrens nest in the battery compartment of our riding lawn mower one year. Gave my husband  just the excuse he needed to not mow for awhile!

The weirdest for me was when a neighbor invited me over to see a nesting Blue Jay in an open basement type area under her house nesting on a shelf directly in front of one of those plastic great horned owl decoys.  The decoy was facing the nest! I cracked up upon seeing that, plus the fact the jay was nesting in a building!

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT