[CT Birds] carolina wren nest

DEIRDRE MURTHA sdmurtha at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 17 13:19:55 EDT 2010

Reminds me of the iconic Audubon print of House wrens nesting in an old hat.  Back when I worked in NY and birded Central Park regularly, there was a House wren nest in an old, broken lamppost lamp-- you could watch the young through the dirty glass from all sides.  And there's a great photo in the book "Birds of Central Park" by Cal Vornberger of Robins nesting right beneath the chins of a statue of Romeo and Juliet embracing--quite poetic!-Sean Murtha