[CT Birds] Spring Clean-up a success and nesting Carolina Wrens

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sat Apr 17 14:13:58 EDT 2010

Our spring Earth Day clean-up and Invasive Plant removal day was a big success at the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center in Milford. Nearly 60 people turned out to clean the beaches for our nesting Piping Plovers, Terns, and Oystercatchers, and to remove invasive plants seeding into our dunes.  Thanks to everyone who participated this year!   The good news, we only removed one small truckload of garbage verses 2.5 tons 5 years ago!

On odd nesting sites for Carolina Wrens; last year we had one nest in the collar of a life preserver that was on a hanger under our building..

Frank Gallo