[CT Birds] eBird stuff

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 19:51:50 EDT 2010

Hello eBird users,

A couple folks have been "sharing" their eBird checklists with
CTBirds, which does NOT show us your list of birds via email but
rather offers your sightings to be added to our accounts. In other
words, if an eBird user accepts the shared list, those sightings will
be added to their list of sightings.

There is apparently a way to post your eBird lists to CTBirds, but
this is not the way.

However it is done, I would request that the Subject line is edited
before it is sent. The default subject line begins with "FW: eBird
Report - ", which is a lot of unnecessary text and makes scanning of
the reports very difficult. Also, if multiple lists could be combined
into one email, that would be great if possible...rather than sending
a separate email for each location visited on that day.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT