[CT Birds] Pine, palm, and Louisiana water thrush warblers - Steep Rock Preserve, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 18 11:27:26 EDT 2010

Stopped this morning (Sunday 18 April 2010, about 10 AM) at the Horse Riding Ring parking area of the Steep Rock Preserve here in Washington, CT. This area is where Tunnel Road, River Road ,and Lower Church Hill Road intersect here in Washington, CT. I had nice small group of birds in the parking lot. Two palm warblers and a nice singing pine warbler with a female pine warbler. Yes, Larry I did see the pine warbler after hearing it. Pine warblers do sound different to me then chipping sparrows. Pine warblers do have a much more musical sound then chipping sparrows. Pine warblers also have a shorted song then chipping sparrows to me. I heard a Louisiana water thrush warbler on the Shepaug River.

David W Babington