[CT Birds] Sandy Pt Piping Plovers

MARIA STOCKMAL m.stockmal at snet.net
Sun Apr 18 13:58:33 EDT 2010

Today was my first outing monitoring Piping Plovers and I found five pairs of plovers.  None of the birds had Bahama bands.  Not much activity today at mid tide and going out:  pair of Oyster Catchers, Great Blue Heron, Yellow Legs, 150 Brant, Common Loon, Chipping Sparrows, and the pair of Ospreys returned to nest on the structure at the end of the rocks.

Yesterday at the Osborndale bird walk we had:  partial song of the Wood Thrush, Palm Warbler, Eastern Bluebirds, Tree Swallow, and Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  Raptors were conspicuously absent.  We met Roy Harvey and he had a Pileated Woodpecker and a Pine Warbler.

Maria Stockmal