[CT Birds] Gray catbird and more

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Mon Apr 19 12:24:51 EDT 2010

 CT Birders -

 I heard some softly spoken calls in the Serviceberry garden and seeking the source found my foy GRAY CATBIRD

RC KINGLET continues this morning! Could not come up with the towhee but will see what the day brings , he may surface.

Giving great thought to releasing some of my overwintered birds that are good to go and have never been out there. Came in last summer in bad condition as juveniles. I am thinking it might be in their best interest to release before the bulk of the population gets here so they have time to adjust before having to compete. They are a male b oriole,male RT hum, unknown sex NR swallow.  The long range forecast looks decent and I will be gone from the 24th to 27th and know when I return most likely the orioles and hummers will be here, and then I will be releasing them no matter where, there are sure to be territorial disputes.

Any thoughts?
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico