[CT Birds] Fairfield Birdcraft birds

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 16:01:00 EDT 2010

I quickly stopped at the CAS Birdcraft Sanctuary in Fairfield earlier to see
what I could find. The most prevalent species were Ruby-crowned Kinglet and
White-throated Sparrow. The most notable find was a BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER, a
FOY for me. It was the loudest and most conspicuous individual I've ever
seen. It would not stop vocalizing. It could also be heard relatively far
away considering their typically soft voice and the traffic of I-95. I also
had 2 BROWN CREEPER. Birdcraft usually pulls in Creepers very well. The
design of the 6 acres often allows for unusually close views of the species
as they fly between a limited number of trees. I did not have a single
warbler, though I was not there for long.

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
04/19/10 - Fairfield, CAS Birdcraft Sanctuary -- 2 BROWN CREEPER.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT