[CT Birds] Fairfield Birds and Birding: Harrier and Yellowlegs +

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Mon Apr 19 17:11:39 EDT 2010

 From Alex Burdo and James Orrico:

We visited Ash Creek from about 1:30-2:30 and South and Pine Creeks
from 2:45 to 4. Not many migrants were in evidence today but we did
have the following highlights:

Ash Creek:

3 Lesser Yellowlegs
1 JuvenileNorthern Harrier
2 Osprey

South Pine Creek:

3 American Black Ducks (2 At Nest Site)
1 Red-tailed Hawk hunting over landfill
1 beautiful breeding-plumaged Swamp Sparrow
American Robins EVERYWHERE!

Waterfowl were pretty scarce except for 6 resident Canadas and 2
resident Mallards at Ash and two Mallards and 3 Black Ducks at South
and Pine Creeks
Raptors were also scarce except for the harrier at Ash Creek and the
Red-tail at South Pine.
A stop at Southport Beach yielded no Bonaparte's Gulls but 20
continuing Brant.

It was a really nice day to get out birding our local patches.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield, CT
http://floridascrubjay.wordpress.com/