[CT Birds] bird nest question

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Mon Apr 19 19:37:04 EDT 2010

4/19  Orange
My neighbor had a Carolina wren's nest on the bottom curve of a wreath
hanging from her front door.  There were eggs laid in it.  Then a  robin made a
nest on the top curve of the same wreath.  Apparently, the  Carolina wren
has abandoned the nest.  Now the robin is nesting  there.
Would the robin have scared off the Carolina Wren?  I know that  Carolinas
sometimes make several nests and then choose one to occupy, but my  neighbor
wondered if the Robin nest was the reason for the Carolina wren to  abandon
her nest.  It would seem rather close for two different species to  nest on
one wreath.
Any thoughts?
Bev Propen, Orange