[CT Birds] IDENTIFYING BIRDS IN FLIGHT & AT A DISTANCE - PARKING

Randy Domina rhexp at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 09:32:28 EDT 2010

It has come to my attention that Hammonasset State Park
is charging for parking on the weekend. I called them today and they told me the rate is 9.00 for in state and 15.00 for out of state cars. Parking out side the gate is only allowed before 8am. I would propose that we meet at 7:45 at the exit 61 commuter lot on I-95 and carpool to Hammo. This will allow us to share the cost, and use golden age passes to there maximum benefit.

Randy Domina
Cheshire, CT

                  IDENTIFYING BIRDS IN FLIGHT & AT A DISTANCE

                    Saturday, April 24, 2010

          8 AM, Hammonasset State Park

          Leader: Randy Domina

          Meet in the campground parking lot.

                    This is a beginner
to intermediate workshop.

  Participants should be able to track birds in flight with their
binoculars. This and being willing to answer the question "what do you
see" are the only requirements. We will be looking at commons bird
hoping to expand your capability to identify them without seeing
specific plumage characteristics. We will focus on structure, behavior
and flight style. This is not an advanced program that would
allow you to ID all the different warblers on a typical fall morning at
Bluff Point. It is and introduction to a more advanced skill.

Leader:
 Randy Domina