[CT Birds] Chatfield Hollow 4/20/2010

Sunrisebirding at aol.com Sunrisebirding at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 09:59:35 EDT 2010

Having spent many mornings at Hammonasset as of late, I decided to try
Chatfield Hollow today so I could scout it for a Sunrise Birding walk on
Friday.  I was pleasantly reminded of what a good birding spot it can  be.  There
were at least 3 Louisiana Waterthrush at various spots along the  river,
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers around the boardwalk, Wood Duck, Pileated  Woodpecker,
several Ruby-crowned Kinglets singing.  It's also a good   place to sort out
Chipping Sparrow and Pine Warbler calls.  Beautiful  morning!
Gina Nichol
Branford, CT
_www.sunrisebirding.com_ (http://www.sunrisebirding.com)