[CT Birds] Red Winged Blackbirds

William Young wcy888_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 10:08:26 EDT 2010

My mother-in-law is an avid feeder, in Burlington, and gets a good variety of species at her feeder. This year she has been surprised to see a Red Winged Blackbird feeding regularly. My understanding is that if there is not much red on the wing of a male, the bird it is submissive male. The bird visited yesterday few times while I was there. It has a small sliver of yellow with just a touch of red on the wing.

Can anyone shed any light on this?? Do others have RWBs at their feeders?

William Young