[CT Birds] House wren - South St, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 20 11:18:33 EDT 2010

Noting Roy Harvey's report of Bill Bank's report of broad-winged hawk movement at Bent of the River in Southbury this morning I  just checked the clear blue skies around our home on South St in Washington, CT for broad-winged hawks. Did come up with any broad-winged hawks but heard my first house wren of the year. I will have to get to the Steep Rock Preserve on the Shepaug River here in Washington, CT on Wednesday. I remember a number of years ago seeing a number of hawks (osprey and broad wings) migrating along the river in the early to mid  morning.

David W Babington
Washington, CT