[CT Birds] Likely OT: Hi-pitched nighttime single call--Bird, Toad or Frog?

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Tue Apr 20 16:59:53 EDT 2010

To continue off-topic and also follow up on Twan's comments, all should note that spring peepers will call well into fall and even early winter if the temperature is mild. I will never forget the Barkhamsted CBC (I believe the date was December 27th) some years ago when I had an equal number of spring peepers and red-breasted nuthatches - 3 of each.

Jay Kaplan