[CT Birds] East Rock Park

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Apr 21 12:17:15 EDT 2010

I had nothing at all of note down by the river in East Rock Park in New Haven (and Hamden.)  But things were slightly better when I went up to Trowbridge a bit after 8:00.  In the usual stretch from the (closed) circle to the bridge I had a flock of about five Yellow-rumped Warblers, and my first of the year Black-and-white Warbler or two.  Two Ruby-crowned Kinglets put on an amazing chase all through some mountain laurel (?), and overhead I had my first of the year Chimney Swift.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT