[CT Birds] Sherwood Island SP

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:01:49 EDT 2010

4/22 - Westport - Sherwood Island SP - 1 WILSON'S SNIPE at the edge of the pond near the model airplane field,3 WILLET flying over the Mill Creek marsh behind the model airplane field

  Today I was able to study a most cooperative snipe at close proximity for about twenty minutes as it was preening along the edge of the water.These were the best views I've ever had in CT of this shy and secretive bird.I could study it's markings and colorations in detail through my scope at a distance of about 50 feet with perfect lighting from behind me.What a treat!

Tina Green

Westport