[CT Birds] Song question

Tammy Eustis teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Thu Apr 22 12:14:41 EDT 2010

I'm wondering if it was a rose-breasted grosbeak. They tend to "chip" (or "chink") before and after singing (except in this sample, of course: http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Rose-breasted_Grosbeak/id); the call note comes right at the end of the recording. Their song is kind of finchy, but more like a "robin with a sore throat".
- Tammy Eustis, Chester