[CT Birds] Calls

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Apr 22 13:07:30 EDT 2010

Tammy,

Canada Warbler does a chip followed by warbling...  Were was this bird?

Frank Gallo

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:14:41 +0000
From: "Tammy Eustis" <teustis at killingworthlibrary.org>
To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Song question

I'm wondering if it was a rose-breasted grosbeak. They tend to "chip" (or
"chink") before and after singing (except in this sample, of course:
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Rose-breasted_Grosbeak/id); the call note
comes right at the end of the recording. Their song is kind of finchy, but more
like a "robin with a sore throat".
- Tammy Eustis, Chester