[CT Birds] Oriole, warbler and more

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Fri Apr 23 09:39:33 EDT 2010

Sanctuary update -

 This A.M male Baltimore Oriole visiting feeder, chattering and  singing making his presence known.

 Unidentified warbler passed through with the familiar chip call but too quick for me to get a look at with binos.

Phoebe collecting mud from pond edges and flying down into the chimney again this year!

Tree swallow nest complete and lined with feathers egg laying should be soon.

Bluebirds should hatch tomorrow, I will be away but will try and get confirmation that all is well.

Robins built a nest under the pavilion.

Mama mallard and young disappeared to re appear last evening settling in to sleep on the island again.

Yesterday had 11 vultures dining out back on an unfortunate possum who was HBC. Three of the vultures were black. There was a lot of aggression from the blacks.

As much as I want a vacation it is REALLY hard to leave tomorrow when all the birds are coming back!

For Roy
>From Jayne Amico -
4/22 --- mvssanctuary - Three BLACK VULTURES
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT