[CT Birds] Predator niches

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Mon Apr 26 01:08:14 EDT 2010

Paul,
I've been followed a number of winter roosting Long-eared Owls at an undisclosed location, in with all the wash and pellets were many bird beaks, the cardinal beaks were easily recognised, but I could also pick out chickadee, titmouse and sparrow beaks in the pile.
My guess is that these birds diurnal birds are not at all safe during the evening hours.

Larry Flynn
http://www.long-tails.blogspot.com/