[CT Birds] Fw: Predator niches

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 26 10:19:54 EDT 2010

Great observation Larry.

I also have another example to ad to your personal findings.

Two winters ago, I observed two resident Barred Owls observing late roosting
Juncos choosing low snow covered hemlock branches to roost under for the night.
When they were settled in and it became dark, the two Owls would fly into the low
 branches and i assume take their first meal of the night.

I also observed many years ago two Great-horned Owls do the same with early
night roosting crows in Bloomfield CT.

Paul Carrier