[CT Birds] Yellow-throated Warbler

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Apr 27 13:55:31 EDT 2010

I didn't think to post this before, but I tried for the  Yellow-throated
Warbler at Pachaug SF Monday, and came up empty.  I was in  the forest from
about 9:30 to 12:30 and checked back at its normal location  several times.
The sound of Yellow-rumps and Pine Warblers was deafening  at times, and I
clearly heard a Red-breasted Nuthatch and a House Wren, but  neither sight nor
sound of the YTWA, and no sign of a Black-throated Green or  Louisiana
Warbler either.  It was very gray and sometimes sprinkling during  the time I
was there.  I did see the YTWA 2 years ago, so I know where to  look.

Don Morgan
Coventry