[CT Birds] Shelton trails/ baby woodcock

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:26:07 EDT 2010

Charlie was kind enough to send photos of the young American Woodcock to the
CAS blog: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/

What a great find! Thanks so much to Charlie. I also included a picture of
an adult from my yard in January - a sighting of two birds I posted to this
list at the time.

All I have to add in terms of sightings on this quiet, cool, wet spring day
is that a large number of Double-crested Cormorants were moving earlier. I
had 85 for the hour or so I was at Stratford Point, and another 60 later on
a bit further up the Housatonic River. Watching the skies along the coast
will likely yield hundreds.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society