[CT Birds] Trans-gulf migration - fire up the slick??

Steve Morytko smorytko at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 05:11:21 EDT 2010

I hope someone in the birding community is giving input to authorities that are considering setting fire to the oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico. I wonder what the impact would be on peak trans-gulf migration considering the size of the slick. Late migrating species might take a big hit. I also wonder if fumes are emitted from the slick. Perhaps there are no fumes from unprocessed crude ... ? Perhaps this seems like an absurd idea but I read it was actually done once before.
 Steve Morytko
288 Varga Rd.
Ashford, CT 06278 USA
smorytko at yahoo.com