[CT Birds] Stratford Seaside, Glaucous, etc.

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 09:13:37 EDT 2010

I did a first-light cruise/walk around the Stratford shoreline this morning 4/29.  The setting full moon was spectacular, as was the clear sunrise (39 degrees!).  Highlights were 5 Boat-tailed Grackles, 2 calling Common Loons, 4 calling Clapper Rails, 13 Willets (very vocal), 1 Seaside Sparrow (my first of year),  the continuing GLAUCOUS GULL at Long Beach, 1 Palm Warbler (the only passerine migrant), and a red fox (Wooster Park).

Frank Mantlik