[CT Birds] Burning the oil in the Gulf of Mexico and neotropical birds migrating across the Gulf

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 10:58:42 EDT 2010

With all the coverage of the major oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and the burning of this oil to get rid of it I have not seen anything yet about the possible impact of burning of this oil will have on neotropical birds migrating crossing the Gulf of Mexico. I would think that if the oil is burned at night on the Gulf it would have a negative impact on neotropical birds migrating across the Gulf of Mexico. Any comments on this possible disaster for migrating neotropical birds flying over the Gulf of Mexico at night?

David W Babington
Washington, CT