[CT Birds] house wren

Diane Tucker dianetucker01 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 12:28:31 EDT 2010

FOY house wren in my backyard in West Hartford.  Good thing I got the Magic Halo you all recommended.  In spite of the gigantic flock of House Sparrows in my next-door neighbor's yard, not one has approached my bird house since I put it up (which is super easy by the way).  Thank heaven I don't have the sparrow problem at Hill-Stead Museum where I work.  It would cost quite a bit to outfit all our bird boxes with the "halo", but if we did have sparrows, it would be well worth it.  Now my wrens can settle in as per usual.
Diane Tucker