[CT Birds] a little actvity

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 13:32:33 EDT 2010

4/30/2010 I took a quick walk around Wilcox Park in Milford this morning and was greated by: 3 male Black & White Warblers, 2 Yellow-rumped Warblers, 1-2 Northern Parula, 1-2 male Black-throated Green Warblers, 1 Blue-headed Vireo, and a courting pair of N. Flickers. In the harbor was a feeding Snowy Egret (not common here), and a Belted Kingfisher (present yesterday, as well).  There was a Rough-winged Swallow (first of the year here), and my first Tree Swallow for the park, a male, sitting on the mast of sailboat. I've been amazed that I've never seen one here before...  Frank Gallo