[CT Birds] Mansfield and Boston Hollow Thursday, 4-29 and Friday, 4-30

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 22:32:22 EDT 2010

For Dave Provencher - very sorry to hear of your loss.  As  I hope you
found out today on your run, your prediction was right on, at least  in this
part of the state.

Thursday, 4-29:

Mansfield Hollow:  1 Pine Warbler, 2 Palm Warblers, many  Yellow-rumps, 2
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers.  Most of the birds were in  flowering fruit trees
long since gone wild.  Maybe for insects feeding on  the flowers?
Boston Hollow, Westford:  Pine Warblers, Yellow-rumps, 4  Northern
Waterthrushes, 3 Black-throated Green Warblers, 1 Winter Wren, several  BG
Gnatcatchers.

Friday, 4-30:

Eagleville Preserve, Mansfield:  At least 5 FOY Yellow  Warblers, guess I
found the ones you are missing Dave.  What a treat to see  and hear them
again, even though we will soon be shoving them aside to see the  "good" birds.
2 FOY American Redstarts,  this is always a great  location for them.  1
FOY Blue-winged Warbler, quite dependable here.   2 Black and White Warblers,
not FOY for me, but first ones away from the  shoreline.  1 Louisiana
Waterthrush, many Yellow-rumps.  Several  Blue-gray Gnatcatchers.  Oddly, I have
not seen a Palm here this  year.  Also, 1 Belted Kingfisher flying up the
river.

Here is a link to some Warbler pics, I have not had a chance to  edit them
yet, other than cropping.  My son is getting married tomorrow, so  my time
has been somewhat limited. I hope to make the Bent trip on Sunday,  though.

_http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?trackingid=BTAGC&rlang=en_US&wf=s
hareslideshow&galleryid=d75fa4e77fae463d937ecb100282066e_
(http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?trackingid=BTAGC&rlang=en_US&wf=shareslideshow&gall
eryid=d75fa4e77fae463d937ecb100282066e)

http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?trackingid=BTAGC&rlang=en_US&wf=sh
areslideshow&galleryid=d75fa4e77fae463d937ecb100282066e

http://tinyurl.com/2ephkf3

Don Morgan
Coventry