[CT Birds] Migration timing

David Provencher davidprovencher at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 1 15:30:41 EDT 2010

I'm about to run out to do errands but I had to comment on the plethora of
reports. We wondered about the early botany this Spring and whether there
would be consequences for the birds. Well from the number of birds being
reported it would seem the migration is a little ahead of schedule as well.
Within limits, nature is quite adaptable. Unfortunately as hiker I have
noticed that mosquitoes and blackflies (we call them gnats here in CT) have
a bumper crop underway as well. Just makes me hike faster, till I hear birds
of course!

P.S. Think Chuck-wills-widow this week.

Dave Provencher

Naturally New England