[CT Birds] Ruby-throated Hummer in Southbury

Judith E. Stevens judithestevens at charter.net
Sat May 1 17:28:51 EDT 2010

I was just about to return the hummingbird feeder to its
usual place at 5:20 p.m. today, Saturday, May 1st, and buzzing
around the branch where the feeder hangs was my first of the
year male RTH.  I live in Heritage Village and for the last four
years a male arrived in April, but on Kentucky Derby day, I'll
have to look at the names of the horses and maybe there's another
one this year with "Bird" in its name, and wish it well.
Judith Stevens