[CT Birds] Washington Depot - Osprey, eastern kingbird, warbling vireos, black-throated green warbler

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 2 11:03:14 EDT 2010

Checked Washington Depot, CT this AM (9:30-10 AM, Sunday, 2 May 2010) by the Shepaug River. at the small park on the river behind the Washington Market and on the other side of the river on the Green Way trail behind the Elementary School. Had the following species on the river: eastern kingbird, northern rough-winged swallow, warbling vireos (several birds, my best local spot for this species), veery, black-throated green warbler, black and white warbler, American redstart, and Louisiana waterthrush. Before leaving the area I checked the small stream that comes down to the Shepaug River behind the Washington Town Hall and had a flying adult osprey. I would say that spring migration is moving right along. Just heard one of my local yellow-bellied sapsuckers here on South Street, Washington as I was typing this email.

David W Babington
Washington, CT