[CT Birds] Whip, hummers, and more

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Sun May 2 22:17:21 EDT 2010

CT Birders -

The last several days brought some arrivals. The highlight for me was a beautiful WHITE -CROWNED SPARROW who spend the day at the feeder and waterfall area.

WHIP POOR WILL -  Mvss sanctuary and up Winding ridge - at least two birds singing
RUBY -THROATED HUMMINGBIRDS - two males arrived today Sharon!
ROSE -BREASTED GROSBEAK
GRAY CATBIRD this one stayed put
BLACK AND WHITE WARBLER
YELLOW- RUMPED WARBLER
EASTERN TOWHEE with a very strange rendition of drink your tea
WOOD THRUSH

While out listening for whips we could hear american toads trilling along with peepers. The last couple of days eastern gray tree frogs have uttered a few notes  at the sanctuary warming up for the next rain event! Amazing that our toads are already done as are the peepers for the most part, while it seems elsewhere they are just getting going!

For Roy -
>From Jayne Amico
4/2 --- WHIP POOR WILL - one in wooded area at sanctuary , one up off Winding Ridge behind sanctuary. One WHITE CROWNED SPARROW at feeders all day today

--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT