[CT Birds] Blue Jays plus Where have all the goldfinches gone?

Barbara Garrett barbaragarrett at optonline.net
Mon May 3 09:50:54 EDT 2010

Blue Jays are in the crow family (Cordivae), so it's not at all surprising they are very smart.

I'm wondering where all the goldfinches I had at my feeder about a week ago have gone?  Were they just passing through?  There have been many years in which I've had large flocks stay all summer.

Other notable here are the WOOD THRUSHES, although being a novice, I've had a hard time discerning whether they are wood or hermit thrushes (as I've only heard them).

Barbara
north Stamford