[CT Birds] white-throated sparrows

hopkinsus at cs.com hopkinsus at cs.com
Mon May 3 13:05:34 EDT 2010

Is everyone else still have white-throated sparrows around?  Mine are still here eating from my feeders and looking lovely in full breeding plumage.  It seems a little late for them.  I have my usual large group of goldfinches that stays here year-round.

I just did my usual spring switch from squirrel-proof feeders to grackle-proof feeders. It makes the various woodpeckers work a little harder, but otherwise the grackles drain the feeders and don't let anyone else eat.  I have to keep various feeders on hand for different times of the year and swap them out.

Amy Hopkins
Guilford