[CT Birds] Hockanum River - Ellington

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Tue May 4 11:05:13 EDT 2010

This morning from 9:00 to 9:35 I walked along the trail along the Hockanum River, near the new Bridge on Windermere Avenue.  Thanks to Carl Ekroth for pointing me to this spot, as I finally saw the Warbling Vireo after three trips (Lifer for me).  I got great looks, and observed it collecting materials for a nest, and feeding on Caterpillars.  Nice little spot Carl, thanks again.  Also seen:

Common Yellow-Throat (1)
Yellow Warbler (3)
Song Sparrow (4)
Swamp Sparrow (1)
Carolina Wren (2) (Saw 1)
House Wren (heard)
Robin (10)
Crow (2)
RWBB (7)
Brown-headed Cow Bird (1)
Blue Jay (3)
Great Blue Heron (1)

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Senior Project Manager
Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
77 Hartland Street, Suite 300
East Hartford, Connecticut 06108
860-466-8515 - Office
860-466-8501- Fax