[CT Birds] White-Rumped Sandpiper, Blue-Winged Teal

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue May 4 21:55:23 EDT 2010

Passing this along.

 From Richard Trepp:
5/4/10:  Madison, Hammonasset -- White-Rumped Sandpiper, Blue-Winged Teal (2).
Lyme, Nehantic SF -- Hooded Warbler (2), Yellow-billed Cuckoo.
5/3/10: Southbury -- Black-billed Cuckoo, Orchard Oriole (2).

Of note, today at ~6pm I went to the spot that Jerry Connolly reported the Kentucky Warbler from and didn't have any luck finding the bird (but not much was singing so I easily could have missed it).  The trail is quite hard to find, but the entrance is just north of #312 Sachem Head Rd (it looks like an unmarked driveway/dirt road).  Or there is a more obvious entrance further down on Vineyard Point Rd.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT