[CT Birds] Stratford 10 warblers/many more migrants/arrivals

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Wed May 5 20:18:06 EDT 2010

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
05/05/10 - Stratford, Great Meadows IBA -- 2 WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW, 2 BROWN
THRASHER, 8 BOAT-TAILED GRACKLE, 10 warbler species including 1
BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER, 2 NASHVILLE WARBLER, 2 NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH, 3
AMERICAN REDSTART, 3 BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER, 3 BLACK-THROATED GREEN
WARBLER, 2 NORTHERN PARULA, 1 YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER, 9 YELLOW WARBLER, 2
COMMON YELLOWTHROAT. Other migrants included 2 SCARLET TANAGER, 1
BLUE-HEADED VIREO, 1 SALTMARSH SPARROW, 3 WARBLING VIREO, 2 SWAMP SPARROW, 1
EASTERN TOWHEE, 11 GRAY CATBIRD, 4 BALTIMORE ORIOLE, and more of the usual
suspects.

Stratford, Stratford Point -- 1 BROWN THRASHER with some new arrivals
including 3 COMMON TERN, 2 LEAST TERN, 2 SPOTTED SANDPIPER, 12 SEMIPALMATED
PLOVER, and much more. Every week I have been updating the CAS blog,
http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/, with the complete rundown of birds at
Stratford Point. This week we may see over 60 species, with several new
arrivals and a bunch of rarities included. I also posted a migration
forecast on the blog for the next few days.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT