[CT Birds] Belated entry from CAS Croft Preserve, Goshen & amazing Woodcock

Chasbarnard at aol.com Chasbarnard at aol.com
Thu May 6 16:26:57 EDT 2010

Twan,

That was one really terrific video of those walking woodcock which you were
 able to capture. They are clearly walking "to the beat of a different
drummer -"  a drummer whom we obviously can't hear. It  really causes me to
wonder what kind of advantage this kind of  behavior has provided them with.
Whatever it is, it can't work  to much advantage in the middle of a road

 It looks like a female with a youngster to me, rather than a  male/female
pair.   Anyone who has not seen this video clip ought to  check it out. It
is really fascinating and entertaining.

ctaudubon.blogspot.com

Charlie Barnard Jr
Stratford