[CT Birds] Chestnut-sided Warbler bathing/Stratford migrants

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Fri May 7 15:23:32 EDT 2010

If you'd like to see a HD video I got of a Chestnut-sided Warbler
bathing/preening check it out on http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/. It has been
a while since I was regularly posting videos, but I will be at least a
couple times a week now to the CAS blog. Below that there is also an update
from Twan about the woodcock video.

A quick stop at the Long Beach Blvd. pond area of the Stratford Great
Meadows IBA was somewhat quiet, but I did have my FOY SWAINSON'S THRUSH.
There were 6 warbler species including 1 CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER, 1 NORTHERN
WATERTHRUSH, 1 OVENBIRD, 2 NORTHERN PARULA, and many now usual Yellow and
Common Yellowthroat. I also found a YELLOW-THROATED VIREO, BLUE-HEADED
VIREO, and soon to be nesting Warbling Vireo.

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society