[CT Birds] Brown Thrasher, thrashing seed & suet

Pam & Skip Holden p.s.holden at comcast.net
Mon May 10 14:03:28 EDT 2010

>From Pam Holden: 5/10/10 -- Colchester Yard - Brown Thrasher

Early this morning A Brown Thrasher landed on my sunflower feeder and began
messing with the seeds.  From there he navigated the complete bird feeding
area and has been hanging around all day.  He's still out there; now he's
scrounging around on the ground where some suet pieces have fallen.  This is
probably pretty boring for the rest of you, but for me (and the bird) it's a
real treat.  Would it be asking too much to see this bird hang out around
the feeders all season?