[CT Birds] Naugatuck River swallows

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon May 10 16:55:49 EDT 2010

Hi all,

While poking around the Naugatuck River this afternoon there were
large concentrations of swallows and swifts hunting low over the river
itself, thanks to today's cool temps and high winds. One spot in
particular, Chase River Road in Waterbury, held about 30 CHIMNEY
SWIFTS, 10 TREE SWALLOWS, 2 NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOWS, 25 BANK
SWALLOWS, 6 CLIFF SWALLOWS, and 12 BARN SWALLOWS.

I'd estimate that I ran into about 120 Chimney Swifts between
Waterbury and Seymour, most seen while driving on Rte 8 itself.

>From Nick Bonomo:
5/10 - Waterbury, Chase River Rd -- 6 CLIFF SWALLOWS

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
http://shorebirder.blogspot.com/