[CT Birds] Bobolink and Bluebirds

martin swanhall mswanhall at earthlink.net
Thu May 13 17:08:55 EDT 2010

1)  I found out today that you cannot judge a bird by its cover - what I thought was a red-winged blackbird or a grackle perching on the wires at Upper Grassy Hill Rd here in Woodbury, turned out to be a male bobolink when it flew off and away from me revealing white on its back!

2)  Checked newest bluebird nest here (first one was devoid of its egg - raccoons I guess) and it has at least 4 eggs in it.  This second nest box is higher off ground than the first one (which I will have to "repost" ASAP).

Marty from Woodbury