[CT Birds] East Rock Sunrise Birding Walk 5/14

Julian Hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Fri May 14 16:37:38 EDT 2010

>From Julian Hough and Sunrise Birding Walk:
5/14/2010 -- East Rock Park (8-10:15 AM)

The weather held out and the overnight sse winds and precipitation resulted in quite a few migrants:

Highlights of our walk along the river trail to just west of the first iron bridge:
MOURNING WARBLER - singing, then giving great looks right at the corner where the river swings sharply to the right.
BAY-BREASTED WARBLER - same place
LINCOLN'S SPARROW 2
ORCHARD ORIOLE - covered bridge parking lot
YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO - heard
Eastern Kingbird
Red-eyed Vireo
Wood Thrush
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Baltimore Oriole
Least Flycatcher
15 species Warbler  (includes a Wilson's and BT Green I saw after I left the group at the south end of the park).

Julian Hough
CT, USA
jrhough1 at snet.net

www.naturescapeimages.net