[CT Birds] Stratford IBA 17 warbs 94 spp/Blackburnian video

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Fri May 14 17:26:30 EDT 2010

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
05/14/10 - Stratford, Great Meadows IBA --* *94 species including 17
warblers: 1 BAY-BREASTED WARBLER, 2 WILSON'S WARBLER, 2 BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER
(close HD video of a male - check it out here<http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com>)
as well as Blackpoll, Nashville, Parula, Yellow, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia,
BT Blue, BT Green, Yellow-rumped (many), Black-and-white, Redstart,
Ovenbird, Northern Waterthrush, Common Yellowthroat. Other highlights
included 1 LINCOLN'S SPARROW, 2 BROWN THRASHER, 1 GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH, 1
SWAINSON'S THRUSH, 5 WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW (thanks, Chris!), 1 LEAST
FLYCATCHER, 1 ORCHARD ORIOLE.
Stratford yard -- 11 warblers including 1 WILSON'S WARBLER. Also 1 LINCOLN'S
SPARROW. The yard held a Blackpoll too, the FOYs for me today. Also
Blue-winged Warbler and Louisiana Waterthrush that I did not have in the
IBA.

In the Blackburnian Warbler video (on the blog at
http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com) you can even hear the song if you listen
closely. What a stunning and cooperative individual. It seems Lincoln's
Sparrow made a nice push across CT, with Least Flycatcher and Swainson's
Thrush being spotted often as well. I had well over 100 species on what will
probably be the best day of the spring. If you're a baseball fan check out
the post I made below the video as it is very bird-related.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT