[CT Birds] Glastonbury Birding - 101 species, 21 warblers

Bill Asteriades Asterbunch at cox.net
Sat May 15 16:47:40 EDT 2010

>From Bill Asteriades, Andrew Dasinger amd Tom Robben:

We birded last night for a 1/2 hour for rails and early this morning through
mid-afternoon in Glastonbury, as part of the last weekend for the 2010
Hartford Audubon Census.  We had 101 species of which 21 were warblers.
Highlights follow:
5/15/10 - Glastonbury - Glastonbury Meadows, Addison Bog, Meshomasic Forest
and other parts of Glastonbury - 7 raptors - 1 PEREGRINE FALCON, SOLITARY
SANDPIPER, 4 COMMON RAVEN, NASHVILLE WARBLER, MAGNOLIA WARBLER, BLACKBURNIAN
WARBLER, BLACKPOLL WARBLER, 3 WILSON'S WARBLERS, 4 CANADA WARBLERS,
LINCOLN"S SPARROW, WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW, 15+ BOBOLINKS and ORCHARD ORIOLE.

5/14/10 - Glastonbury - Glastonbury Meadows - SORA, VIRGINIA RAIL, 3
AMERICAN WOODCOCK and 7 COMMON NIGHTHAWKS.

5/14/10 - Glastonbury - Riverfront Park by CT river. - GREAT CORMORANT
(white patch on the flank)